It’s been over 160 years since McHarrie Life first welcomed its first residents. At that time, we were located at Townsend Street and Hawley Avenue, in the heart of downtown Syracuse, but our mission was the same as it is today: provide a home-like atmosphere for those who sought our care.
Our founders originally provided assistance to women and orphans in the rapidly growing city of Syracuse. Long before such social services were available, Syracuse Home provided a welcoming haven.
Through the years, continuous growth and the expansion of our services prompted a relocation to our current location in scenic Baldwinsville, New York—just a few miles away from our original home in downtown Syracuse.
And while our organization continues to evolve today, our tradition of caring that began in 1851 has not changed. Our warm welcome and commitment to excellence remains steadfast.